- Building site : Nakaochiai 1-3, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo JAPAN
- Building type : Condominium
- Structure : Reinforced concrete 10stories
- Site area : 238.95 sqm
- Building area : 149.74 sqm
- Total floor area : 1,154.59 sqm
- Completion date : 02.2012
- Architectural design: Guy Planning Co.
- Façade & Entrance interior design : SATOH Hirotaka Architects
- Contractor : Katayamagumi Co. Ltd
- Photo : SATOH Hirotaka
This project is the interior design of shared space in a condominium and an building facade design.
We created the tile pattern of outer wall utilizing both mat finished standard tiles and gloss finished ones. The tile pattern appears by reflecting the sky on the gloss tiles and gives various expressions on the building surface although it is invisible on the front view of the façade.
We designed the entrance illumination by using LED spotlights emitting three RGB colors on the wall at the top of the stairs in an entrance hall. Simple stripe patterned tapes make three different colors that have each unique curvatures. Each color makes interferences and they generate “Lighting Moire” that expresses new life stages. This illumination design is advanced idea by developing the lighting art project we designed before.
The color coordinate based on white and “COR-TEN” steel color provides refreshing atmosphere in an entrance hall.