- Building site : Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa JAPAN
- Building type : Commercial building
- Structure : Reinforced concrete 6 stories and 1 basement
- Site area : 788.56 sqm
- Building area : 724.389 sqm
- Total floor area : 5,001.68 sqm
- Completion date : 07.2012
- Architectural design : SATOH Hirotaka Architects
- Constructor : Obayashi Corporation
This is an exterior / interior renovation project including earthquake-resistant reconstruction for a retail store building.
The original two-stories building was built in 1961 and it became a six-stories building after eight times extension works. The building image was dramatically changed by reconstruction of outside and inside. We added earthquake-resistant walls at the same time.
The most efficient layout of earthquake-resistant walls is a checked pattern. We reused the original checked pattern as a new building facade. Three dimensional aluminum panels and rhythmic glass windows generated new building individuality.
The point at which glass and aluminum panel intersects shows sharp details under strict construction limitation and it also states our design philosophy.