- building site : Ibaraki Japan
- structure : wood structure
- principal use : hair salon
- site area : 264.47m2
- building area : 108.97m2
- total floor area : 122.89m2
- completion date : 02.2006
- structure design : MI+D
- lightingh design : sola-associates
- JCD Design Award 2006
This building is designed as a landmark for the region. We made use of the particular shape of the site; the building has a sharp geometrical polyhedron shape. The floor level is set 1.5m higher than the ground level. This is to avoid pedestrian and cars eyes cross with the people inside.
By designing continuous range of random slanted pillars we were able to avoid any walls on the street side. To create a flexible pillar-less space, bowstring beams are used in structure design. This structural expression plays a big role in turning the building into a landmark, while creating unique view.