- building site : Chiba Japan
- principal use : shopping center
- site area : 1277.46m2
- building area : 770.22m2
- total floor area : 7689.21m2
- structure : steel structure
- completion date : 12.2008
- structure design :
- Alpha Structural Design Office
- facility design :
- Tetens engineering Co.,Ltd.
- lightingh design : sola-associates
- contractor : Takenaka Corporation
- 2011 The 6th NISC Isoband Design Competition, Jury Award : EX
The site is located in a crowded area, facing a scramble junction. The surrounding area of Chiba station is becoming old and decaying. Therefore we aimed at designing a building that could change the scenery of this area. The building is designed open to the mall along it, through transparent curtain walls. The main circulation in centered in the atrium facing the mall. This makes a space full of activity, united with the mall. To strengthen the landmark characteristics of the building, the surface of the 5-story atrium is covered with organic graphic design provided by Plapax.
The name of the building is “EX” which is a prefix meaning “out of”. This is to emphasize on our design concept; wide range of information & activities are sent out from this building, making the whole community a more attractive place.