DEUXFLE b.a.s.e Minami-Azabu
- Building site : : Minami-Azabu 2-10-16, Minato-ku, Tokyo JAPAN
- Building type : Condorminium
- Structure : Reinforced concrete 3 stories and 1 basement
- Site area : 497.94 sqm
- Building area : 345.28 sqm
- Total floor area : 1,265.07 sqm
- Completion date : 03.2013
- Architectural design: SATOH Hirotaka Architects
- Structural engineer :Hirotsugu Tsuboi Structural Engineers
- Mechanical engineer: Tetens Consulting Engineering Co.
- Contractor : Jukyo Kensetsu Co.
- Developer: Suggest Co.
- Photo : SATOH Hirotaka, second wind
Good Design Awards 2012
3rd excellent business awards
The lands along the main streets are developed. On the other hand, some sites, which was not developed by various regulation and conditions, are dotted in the center of Tokyo. However, we believe that there are some strategies to develop unused land and they create new value. This project is the starting point to think of the new ideas and also a concrete case study.
The site is in Minami Azabu, Minatoku that is a quiet residential area. It is prohibited by a land use regulation to build the condominium that total floor area is over 1000 sqm. Therefore, the site was just left. We proposed a multiple layers row house capable of using maximum floor area. A dwelling module is the 4 layers row house composed of two maisonette dwelling houses. The dwelling modules are located as densely as possible in the site.
The reinforced concrete wall structural system provides broad space and high ceiling with no columns and beams. It combines spatial richness, flexibility, and favorability in dwelling environment. This project creates real estate value and excellent living environment, and we believe it will contribute to the improvement of existing urban environment. This project is one of the methods that creates new value of living environment, and also shows possibility to develop densely sites which was not used by various regulations and situations. It advances revitalization of cities and creates beautiful townscapes to accumulate high quality buildings as real estate value for a long time in our cities.
This project contributes new ideas towards good quality of city development, improvement of life value and creation of new real-estate value.